Welcome to Dick's Sporting Goods Freehold, New Jersey. Dick's Sporting Goods is one of the country's best and most popular sporting goods retailers. While it's not as large as superstores like Academy, the truth is that the family-owned company is a much better option if you're looking for great customer service, quality goods, and reasonable prices!
History of Dick's Sporting Goods
Dick Stack was just 18 when he founded his sporting goods company, all the way back in 1948. The Army Surplus store where he was working fired him for 'being a dumb kid' after he made a suggestion for goods to be sold to fishermen, so he turned his idea into a store after borrowing money from his grandmother to pay for the store.
His first bait and tackle store opened in 1948, and ten years later he began to expand - adding new sports products. Thus, DICK'S Sporting Goods was born.
Since that first bait and tackle shop opened, DICK'S has grown exponentially. Now, DICK'S can be found all around the country, as there are nearly 550 stores across the continental United States.
Dick Stack's son Ed is the current CEO of the company, but he continues his father's dream of providing all of the best quality goods for sports enthusiasts.
DICK'S is all about providing outdoor enthusiasts with everything they could need to enjoy the sport or recreational activity of their choice. If it's a product that will make outdoor enthusiasts' lives easier, it can be found in DICK'S.
Only the best products are sold, and with a price that mirrors the quality of the goods. Customer service is as good as it gets, and the associates working the floor are happy to help customers find everything they need.
Only the best brands are sold at DICK'S. Each sport has its own top brands, such as:
• Bauer, Easton, Warrior, deBeer, CCM, STX and Cascade for hockey and lacrosse
• Adidas, Asics, Nike, Reebok, Puma and Under Armour for footwear and apparel
• DeMarini, Worth, Wilson, Rawlings, McDavid and Mizuno for baseball and softball
• Adams Golf, Callaway, Ping, Cleveland, Cobra, Titleist and TaylorMade for golf clubs and golf equipment
• Burton, K2 and Spyder for snow sports, skiing and snowboarding
• Hurley, Reef, Roxy, Rainbow, Quicksilver, O’Brien and O’Neill for water sports, apparel and sandals
• GoPro, Bushnell, Leupold, Nikon and Garmin for electronics and cameras
• Bowflex, Body Solid, Sole, LifeSpan for fitness and exercise equipment
• St. Croix, G-Loomis, Field & Stream and Quantum for fishing equipment and tackle
• Kelty and Coleman for camping and hiking gear
• Tapout and Everlast for boxing, martial arts, and MMA
• The North Face, Patagonia, Marmot and Mountain Hardwear for outerwear and extreme sports
The truth is that all of the best brands are sold here, along with Dick's Sporting Goods - the company's own line of quality products.